[plug] PLUG logo

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Jul 1 22:23:33 WST 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:24, skribe wrote:
> or for that matter, a logo to put on t-shirts.

I wish I could draw! (-:

Penguins supporting a shield as a coat of arms? Like the one at
http://www.dpc.wa.gov.au/emblems/coatarms.html but penguins instead of 'roos
(in theory, we'd need permission from the Premier's Office - fat chance! - or
draw our own), holding...? Maybe plugs?

I'd also like to put the motto back on, but instead of `Cygnus Insignis'
perhaps `Pinguis Insignis' (-: which literally translates from Latin as
`Distinguished for fatness' but it scans better than the politically correct
phrase `Aptenodytes Insignis' :-)

Cheers; Leon

* In finding this I saw at http://www.mbayaq.org/efc/efc_fo/fo_peng_faq.asp
  that pengiun is probably derived from Latin pingua, meaning fat. Linux
  would be pleased. (-: