[plug] Exim & Postgresql

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Jul 3 10:16:13 WST 2002

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Adrian Woodley wrote:

> G'Day,
>      Does the Debian Exim package have postgresql support in it or is a
> re-compile required? Has anyone used Exim with Postgresql? Any hints or example
> config files you could give me?

Never used so can't help with configuring it.

After I finish installing debian:
apt-get update
apt-get install exim- nvi- sendmail vim
:)

Anyway, I'd say that the exim package in sid doesn't have Postgresql support.
exim is in base, if I understand correctly, base packages can only depend
on other base packages.  PostgreSQL certainly isn't in base :)

Add the appropriate deb-src lines grab the source and modify the debian/rules
and debian/control files then build your own .deb _with_ pgsql support :)

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!