[plug] Importing .pub files

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jul 4 23:09:21 WST 2002

>All you can do is fire up Publisher on a Windows box (or emulator) and feed
>the printed output through Adobe's PDF-making tools. Expect *huge* PDFs. If
>you only want the actual text, try `strings <rubbish.pub | less' and see how
>much of it survives.

If you have access to a windows box but not acrobat, trick it into
generating a PostScript file. I've had success before with installing
the color HP LaserJet PS driver available in most versions of windows
and using "save as file" then attacking it with ghostscript. You can
then do ps2pdf or whatever from there, but acrobat is probably the
preferred method.