[plug] PC/MCIA serial?

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 5 12:02:19 WST 2002

My dad's trying an experiment, he uses DOS for programming EPROMS or
something liek that. He needs  a slow machine for it, and a Pentium or
onwards just doesn't work, he needs a 486 or lower. What he's trying to do
is use a serial port on a laptop, which now days he needs an adaptor or PC
card for.

Because he wants to use DOS, the experiment he's doing is using FreeDOS
under Linux (y'know, dos in a box), if all goes well, he'll become an
everyday Linux user, because he'll use it for the net instead of Windows.
Anyway, does anyone know if it'll work with no worries? The serial port I
mean, will that respond with no hassles?

cheers fellers!
anarchist tomato