[plug] Sound in Debian

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Jul 8 09:25:07 WST 2002

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:

> Hi all, I have deb potato running on my Cyrix II 266, I wish to have sound
> but don't know how to go about doing it. I have a ISA SoundBlaster 16. I
> have a dual boot and in w2k sound works fine.

As it is an ISA cadr you will need to use ISApnp to set the resources.
Once you have done that you will be able to load the sb module and here the
wonderfull music.

pnpdump > fred.txt
now edit fred.xtx and set the
IRQ, IOBASE DMA0 and DMA1 resources to the correct values.
isapnp < fred.txt
try locading your modules
modprobe sb io=0x... irq=. dma0= dma1=

Been a while sice I had to do it so command names and args to modprobe could
be wrong, howver the procuedure is correct.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!