[plug] RH7.3 rpm installation query

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Jul 9 15:10:01 WST 2002

I have downloaded a package from the Internet, and want to instal it on
the RH 7.3 system.

I have tried gnorpm, and can't find the package. I have copied it to one
of the default paths specified in the gnorpm Help->Install text, but, when
I open gnorpm, I can't find any way to find the package.

The package is opera 6.02.

I tried to instal it using rpm -i filename.rpm, in  one of the directories
where I put it, and I get an error message;
error: failed dependencies:
	libXm.so.2 is needed by opera-6.02-....

Is the error message because the required file or package is not in the
same path as the opera package that I am trying to instal?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988