[plug] Supporting the fight against spam - an opportunity coming up soon!

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Wed Jul 10 14:56:34 WST 2002

On 10/07 10:58:34, Daniel wrote:
> Hello all,
> last night at plug Jeremy said there was an occasion coming up where those
> who were free could lend some support to the fight against spam ... there is
> something coming up in the courts.
>
> Could we have those details again please?

Forwarded from somewhere else (I'm presuming Jeremy was referring to the
hearing next Tuesday):

  A court date has been set to here the motion for summary dismissal. The
  hearing will be July16th at 9.30 am before Justice Wallace, the Registrar of
  the District Court of West Australia.

  An revised affidavit opposing the summary dismissal has been prepared by Tan
  and Tan on behalf of Wayne Mansfield and the T3 gang.

  From what information to hand so far I gather that Mansfield has upped the
  claim for damages to $250,000 AUD and it seems this may be an attempt to move
  the case from the District Court who have a limit of $250,000 AUD on the
  cases they can hear to the Supreme Court of Western Australia.

  The Supreme Court is a more expensive and drawn out forum for proceedings
  like this.

  Again this looks to me as legal tactics to run Joey out of money and to cause
  him as much grief as possible.

  As soon as the new affidavit is up at
  http://t3-v-mcnicol.ilaw.com.au/site I will post again.

  If you can, please help Joey McNicol with a Defence Fund donation.

> Cheers,
> Daniel.

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/
"Being disintegrated makes me ve-ry an-gry!" <huff, huff>