[plug] WINEing about AutoCAD (and WarCraft 3 on the drawing board)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Jul 11 19:13:48 WST 2002

AutoCAD R14 now runs under WINE (as of next release), important for the small
engineering firms I often find myself supporting, and there are destructions
here for getting WarCraft 3 running as well:

    http://kt.zork.net/wine/wn20020710_128_print.html

Favourite quote:

    The advantages I find running War3 under linux/wine/opengl, are
    higher framerates than on both real windows, and winex. And no
    graphics errors in comparison to winex d3d8, and no sound
    problems like under real windows. My three button mouse also
    works unlike windows. All these advantages =)

Cheers; Leon