[plug] Digital Camera

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Jul 12 11:12:18 WST 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 10:22:10AM +0800, J Michael Gilks wrote:
> I have just tried to connect a USB camera to my Debian Woody box. Doesn't
> seem to recognise it as a block storage device. Could this be a USB issue and
> should I use a 2.4 kernel for better USB support.
> Current kernel is 2.2.20-reiserfs.

apt-get install gphoto2
Yes, you will need USB support, even if it doesnt recognsie the device
(eg, in usbview), you can still use gphooto2 to snarf pictures off.

In any case, apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-<arch> may make
life easier.

  James
--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to