[plug] new PLUG server, help us find a name!

bob bob at contact.omen.com.au
Sun Jul 14 16:20:05 WST 2002

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 14:20, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> Hello Pluggers,
>
> Today the PLUG committee has decided to retire Spark as the mail server
> and web server. We'll be setting up a new x86 machine donated by Linux
> Services WA. The new server will handle a much greater load and the web
> site will be a lot more responsive.
>
> That doesn't mean Spark will disappear! PLUG members will still have access,
> it just won't be providing the core web/mail services.
>
> So we need some new machine names and we want you to help! Post your
> suggestions to the list and we'll put up a website poll later on with the
> best.
>
> Some themes and random names we've come up with:
>
>     - bath(plug), ear(plug)
>     - cinder, ember, burn, bang, pop
>     - short, arc, fuse
>     - core
>

> Thanks!
>
> Jason Nicholls

All of the suggestions given the last time (IIRC) were along the lines
of the physical manifestation of plug. How about some consideration to
plug as in advertise, seeing the host is to do just that for PLUG. To
that end I propose

circular.plug...

Something to engender multiple meanings.

Failing that perhaps

hair.plug...

--
bob