[plug] Motherboard Problems

Cameron Patrick cp at chem.com.au
Tue Jul 16 21:34:27 WST 2002

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:44:04 +0800, Trent Lloyd wrote:

| It has two AT power connectors, both with wires leading to parts of
| the board.
|
| The problem is, on one of the plugs, if plugged into a power supply
| the power supply fan wont come on, and on the other one, the power
| supply fan comes on but there is still no power to the board as far as
| i can tell.

Most computer power supplies won't start unless enough current is being drawn, which is why the fan doesn't always start.  As for the actual problem, I'm not sure if I'm interpreting you correctly here, but ...

An AT power supply should have 2x power connectors.  You plug them both into the board - normally the connectors are right next to each other, with the black wires in the middle (I think - I've only ever plugged in an AT-type board once).

CP.