[plug] Motherboard Problems

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jul 17 01:39:21 WST 2002

Consider :

The motherboard may have been designed to have two power supplies - where
there is a primary and a secondary power supply, in which case the secondary
unit is a backup for the primary unit allowing the motherboard to "switch"
to the secondary unit in the event that the primary unit should "fail".

At 08:44 PM 16-07-2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a Dual-Socket5 ASUS PCI/E-P54NP4 motherboard.
>
>It has two AT power connectors, both with wires leading to parts of the
>board.
>
>The problem is, on one of the plugs, if plugged into a power supply the
>power supply fan wont come on, and on the other one, the power supply
>fan comes on but there is still no power to the board as far as i can
>tell.
>
>Is the no power supply fan indicate the board is shot, or do i need
>power on both plugs to make it work? I've tried searching google and
>ASUS's stupid asp website is broke so i can't find much there, unless i
>can read korean on which site i can find info...
>

>- Trent [Lathiat]

Regards Arie