[plug] how do i change irqs?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jul 17 10:56:10 WST 2002

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, John Knight wrote:
>

>>Yeah, how do I change IRQs? I wanna give the soundcard its own IRQ, but I
>>dunno how to change it.
Its one of those mobo & BIOS dependent thingies. On my A7V I have to go
into the BIOS and tell it to assign IRQ 11 to PCI slot 4. Other BIOSen
and motherboards will be different - on some you can't do it at all :-(
. Hit your mobo manual is the best advice I can give.

On the A7V I had to go one up from the above though and tell the BIOS to
also reserve IRQ11 for non-PnP use (otherwise it put the sb live on IRQ
11 but piled other stuff on there too). An ugly kludge but it worked.

> What kind of sound card?
If John refers to the previous thread, an SB Live.

> what kind of bus?
PCI.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)