[plug] Temporary directorys

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 15:30:59 WST 2002

> In Deb it has an extra number in the fstab file that
> is its boot order.
> root is always 1 i think and for me I had my windows
> partion as about 4.

I assume you're meaning the last field on each line,
which according to the fstab(5) manpage is
"fs_passno".

You are correct that root is 1, other "system"
filesystems are 2, and the only other value I think is
0.

But in any event, this is in regard to checking the
filesystem on boot, and is not AFAIK related to the
order they are mounted in...

Andrew

=====
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger and have not need for subtlety.

http://www.sold.com.au - SOLD.com.au
- Find yourself a bargain!