[plug] Woody out, new testing is 'sarge'.

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Mon Jul 22 20:24:33 WST 2002

Craig Ringer [mailto:craig at postnewspapers.com.au] wrote some of this:

> > since it's 8 cd's, it will be a bit more expensive than the $20 for
> > potato... :)

Well prices vary from $25 for Everything Linux 7 CD Set [1] (not not
available until the 12th of August) to $44.95 for a 8 CD set (don't know
what is on the extra one) from Linux System Labs [2]. Lankum.com (formerly
Cetus Technology) are in the upper mid range at $38.50 for there 7 CD set.
Unfortunately Linux WA [4] don't have a price on there website but I'm sure
Chris will post a price to the list and you can probably save yourself the
postage if you can get to the store. (None of the above prices include
postage).

[1] http://www.everythinglinux.com.au/item/woodyi386prs
[2]
http://www.lsl.com.au/reference/debian-30--note.php?lslsid=4062430360013b97f
7a75d4ad567fdb8&referer=
[3]
http://www.lankum.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/86?osCsid=b
becf67018bbf99f99a6284752ec0bf6
[4] http://www.linuxwa.com.au/

> The way this is going, to use Debian we'll soon need to have either a
> fast 'net connection or a DVD-ROM. Of course both is better :-)

Well I know Linux WA can help you out with a faster net connection if you
are in a DSL enabled area !!!

Unfortunately there aren't any Aussie companies that can supply a DVD copy
of Woody even though Daily Debian DVD (large ISO) snapshots have been
happening since the 24 Apr 2002 [5]

[5] http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2002/debian-cd-200204/msg00361.html

Oh well .... You can't have all good things in life !!!

Michael Hunt