[plug] cron.daily problem

Robert Andrews squirrel at emerge.net.au
Mon Jul 22 20:55:32 WST 2002

Hi all I have a problem that I need some help with
Cron Daemon sends me a email with the following

/etc/cron.daily/postfix: /postfix: No such file or directory
exec: /postfix: cannot execute: No such file or directory

The file in /etc/cron.daily/postfix reads as follows

#!/bin/sh
exec `/bin/sed -n '/command_directory/s/^.*= //p'
/etc/postfix/main.cf`/postfix check

executing the above with a copy and paste returns

[root at linux cron.daily]# #!/bin/sh
bash: !/bin/sh: event not found
[root at linux cron.daily]#
[root at linux cron.daily]# exec `/bin/sed -n '/command_directory/s/^.*= //p'
/etc/postfix/main.cf`/postfix check
bash: /postfix: No such file or directory
exec: /postfix: cannot execute: No such file or directory

This is a RedHat 6.1 install I do run postfix and the path
/etc/postfix/main.cf
is correct.

I have not used 'sed' nor do I understand how it functions I have a general
idea after reading the man page
postfix is operating correctly

I think the part that confuses me is  /s/^.*= //p
Is it possable for somebody to explain this line to me or at least tell me
what is wrong.

Thanks.