[plug] Digital camera

Tim Bowden bowdentj at sesmailp1.curtin.edu.au
Tue Jul 23 00:12:54 WST 2002

Hi all,

I am looking for a cheap digital camera, mostly for home contents
insurance purposes.  Usual story, trying to close the door after the
horse has bolted.  I have been recommended the canon A100 as a cheap but
reasonable camera.  It is supposed to download via usb.  It is not
listed as supported by gphoto. A search on google for a100 & linux turns
up nothing much. If I wish to use this it seems I will probably also
have to purchase a compact flash card reader.  Does anyone have any
recommendations about either cameras or cf readers with linux?

Thanks,
Tim Bowden