[plug] Virtual Servers

Nathan Alberti nathan at nathanalberti.com
Tue Jul 23 11:50:03 WST 2002

Well, as much as I would like an IBM Mainframe I'm not sure I can fit it
in this years budget :(

My desire is to run multiple instances of a very light Linux distro to
provide segregated and secure access to a shared resource.

I have considered VMware, I have the workstation version which comes in
handy but their version of GSX server (or whatever the name is) which
allows more than one OS instance per machine is not a cheap item. For a
proof of concept the UML software is perfect, for a commercially offered
service VMware would be at the top of the list.

Regards,

Nathan.