[plug] KDE 2.2's Kpresenter broken?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Jul 24 10:44:12 WST 2002

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 22:25, sol wrote:

> Re: KDE; my baby bro was telling me that KDE 3.0 is 40% faster than 2.2
> (though he often exaggerates). KDE 3.0 hasn't come to Sid yet but I'm
> interested to see this for myself. I've no idea how they could do this
> but it would be a very impressive achievement at a time when 'doze gets
> twice as slow with each release.

Uh, I'm using the more unstable than Unstable KDE 3.0 packages for Debian, and
although half my useful extra KDE 2.x packages won't run any more, I'm not
going back - because KDE 3.0 is soo much faster/smoother. My machine used to
really chug & bog down, and now it's much more useable.

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |