[plug] Fax & Voicemail Random Thought...

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Jul 25 10:32:23 WST 2002

On Thursday 25 July 2002 10:08, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Is it possible to configure a Modem on a Linux Boxen to auto-answer a phone
> after a predetermined number of rings, and act as either a Voicemail or Fax
> receiver as required? That is, play a pre-recorded message, record voice
> back & store on the server, or save a FAX if a FAX is sent.

voice support, and is supported by vgetty. Still, the list of supported
Modems seems very small - I wonder what the likelihood of an average Modem is
of working with it?

There's one or two interesting software suites out there, such as this one:
   http://vocpsystem.com/

I'm still interested to hear if anyone else has had experience setting up
systems like this. I think it'd be an interesting thing to set up, especially
for a Home Office...

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |