[plug] dum syntax Q

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Jul 26 16:41:57 WST 2002

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Sol wrote:

> I'm bashing my head against a wall trying to grant permissions to the user 'www-data' on a pgsql db because it sees the '-' as a
> minus sign. '\' doesn't work as an escape as in BASH. And the online documentation deals with everything but this syntax nasty.
> Anyone come across this before?

tony at tyr:~$ createdb fred
CREATE DATABASE
tony at tyr:~$ psql fred
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

fred=# create table fred ( id serial primary key, data varchar(256) );
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence 'fred_id_seq' for SERIAL
column 'fred.id'
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'fred_pkey' for
table 'fred'
CREATE
fred=# grant all on fred to "www-data";
GRANT
fred=# \quit
tony at tyr:~$ dropdb fred
DROP DATABASE
tony at tyr:~$

HTH.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!