[plug] Laptop PCI problem

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Sat Jul 27 20:37:30 WST 2002

Hi PLUGers,

My sharp laptop with it's unfortunately common SiS630 chipset has an
illness.

When warm booting out of Windoze 2000 into Debian with 2.4.16 (not in the
position to change atm) I get to the Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22 tag
and see this along with a complete lockup of the machine.

Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
PCI: IRQ 0 for device 00:08.0 doesn't match PIRQ mask - try pci=usepirqmask
<machine lock-up>

I then have to power off, and on restart it works perfectly but I get the
same messages appearing as above and the lines following it are:

PCI: Assigned IRQ 9 for device 00:08.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 00:08.1
PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:08.1
PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 00:08.0
<normal kernel banter continues ... >

And yes - IRQ 9 is the PCMCIA sockets:

/proc/interrupts:

 9:    0    XT-PIC  Texas Intruments PCI1225, Texas Instruments PCI1225 (#2)

I has only done this recently, and I can guarantee nothing has changed in
any configs 2000 or Debian since the problem started.

It doesn't _really_ bother me, but any ideas why it locks on warm boot, is
Windoze 2000 doing something naughty? .. i've seen Windoze->Linux warm boot
problems with other devices before.

Thanks,

Ryan