[plug] OT: Sites bow to Microsoft's browser king

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Jul 28 22:34:44 WST 2002

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:59, Alex Polglaze wrote:
> Broome should have a link in place like the other towns, don't worry
> about the destinations not being there yet. With Broome however, it once
> again only works on IE.

> Way outa my league and has the programmer stumped also.

Get Noel to join PLUG. (-: They've earned his fee already :-)

The co-ordinates for Broome are upside down (ie defining a `negative' height).
Swap the 155 and eth 170 and it will all fly.

The HTML 4 RFC says that you must specify top, left, bottom, right in order so
in principle IE - although helpful - is not in compliance with the standard
(http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/struct/objects.html#adef-coords)

Cheers; Leon