[plug] Getting DVD's to run (with video)

David & Lisa Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Mon Jul 29 18:46:46 WST 2002

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a laptop (an ITC Centris) that has a DVD player.
It has a 1 Ghz Celeron processor and 256MB RAM, along with a 20GB
hard-drive.

I have installed ogle and xine along with libdvdcss in order to watch dvd
movies with it.

I have got to the point where I am getting sound from the dvd, but the video
display is simply a blank blue window.  I am guessing that if this was a
problem with the encryption then I wouldn't be getting sound.  Has anyone
had this problem trying to play DVD movies?

I am currently running redhat 7.2.

any help much appreciated.

thanks

David