[plug] [OT] Second-hand PCs?

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jul 30 10:15:31 WST 2002

Again, apologies for the non-Linux question, but you're all just a wealth of
other information! -_^

I'm after a second-hand PC to primarily be used as an "appliance". As such,
desirable features include:
  - SMALL boxen. No Tower needed here. No gazillion expansion slots needed.
  - A few expansion slots. Preferrably 1 ISA & 1 or 2 PCI
  - Pref. onboard networking (or an extra PCI for net card)
  - Enough grunt to play MP3s. ^_^;
  - Pref. CD-ROM
  - Pref. quiet running
  - Pref. Wake on LAN, & power mgmt (to remotely fire up and shut down the
machine)
  - Cheap! ^_^

Does anyone know of a good place where I might find this sort of PC
second-hand at a not very expensive cost?

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |