[plug] Burning Multiple CDs

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Jul 30 11:16:26 WST 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Andrew J. Barbara wrote:

> Hi All
> Just wondering what is the best way to burn the same file to several
> cdrw devices?
> I was thinking catting an ISO image to the /dev/* (* = whatever the
> devices are)

If you want to do it simultaneously then

for dev in 0,0,0 0,1,0 0,2,0 ; do
cdrecord speed=8 -eject dev=$dev /path/to/iso </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &
done

You can get the values for device with "cdrecord -scanbus"

Might work BUT I doubt that just catting the file to a device will work.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!