[plug] getting DHCP results into system environment

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jul 30 15:39:10 WST 2002

> Unfortunatly the inKernel DHCP is very basic, What you want can't be done
> without hacking the kernel.

I was afraid of that. Looks like per-host config may have to be done by
symlink magic in /etc. I think I can figure out a way to do it...

BTW I'm having mozilla problems on diskless terminals. It crashes -
something moz hasn't done to me in a _long_ time - sometimes. Also in 8
bit colour Moz changes the system colormap with really nasty results on
the rest of the system (blue and green KDE menus anybody?) but doesn't
seem to have any option to disable installing its own colourmap. I
haven't looked into this one yet though so there may be something
obvious on google, I'm just writing it while I remember in case somebody
knows something like:

"just set dontcrash and nocolormapinstall in prefs.js"

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)