[plug] Speakers needed.

garry garbuck at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 30 16:11:34 WST 2002

Something I'd appreciate a talk on, and this probably wouldnt take a full
session, is registering a domain name.

Say you go to a TLD naming authority, and purchase a .com .

Things like "domain hosting ", "mx records", "dynamic dns" and "domain
redirection" are terms I can guess the meaning of, but not the process that
goes with them.

As a practical example, once the name has been bought, (how) can I put a
PostNuke server on my ISP webspace if the ISP has mysql anf php, or do I need
root privilages to install/maintain?   <-- implying I nees to host apache on
MY computer..

A separate question.. When SSL is used with a webpage, and the webpage
requires logging on, does the SSL merely handle the encryption/verification
and the logging on process is coded separately, OR does SSL (apache-ssl)
handle all of it?

Regards

Garry