[plug] Changing hardware on desktop

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Jul 31 20:53:44 WST 2002

Like to know if Linux is like the other OS's in that there is a procedure
when changing hardware.  Currently I have a Linux Red Hat 7.2 installed onaa
desktop.  The hardware is a ASUS motherboard, AMD 750MHz, 512MB memory, DVD,
CD-ROM, 3Ccom NIC, Soundblaster, WD30GB HDD and a nVidia 64MB Video Card.  I
m planning to change the to a EPoX Motherboard (8K3A+) with DDR memory
(currently DDR266), WD60 or 100GB HDD and the other device I'm changing is
the video card to a GeForce4 MX440.  In the matter of the motherboard in
most OS changing this item usually involved either a complete install from
scratch or hardware change program.  Is Linux the same when it comes to
changing certain hardware.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller
MMT Networks Pty Ltd