[plug] PCMCIA->PCI bridge?

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Sun Jun 2 21:46:08 WST 2002

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 11:32:25PM +1000, Andrew Furey wrote:
> So where do I find that out? FYI it's a Pentium 100 on
> a fairly normal clone motherboard from that era. I
> don't particularly want to upgrade it as it's our
> internet gateway, so 'tis not worth it...

Well, the BIOS probably tells you about your system support on boot. As to
determining the requirements of the card; try a Google search for the model
number of check the manual or manufactuers web site. As to upgrading:
new mobo, new CPU, same disk, ethernet, case (possibly). Voila. Faster,
more memory, and no changes to the installed software. At all. Same disk.
Same disk geometry. Same ethernet cards.  *shrug* I did this to dagon.rcpt.to
when I had to rehouse it. Took about 10 minutes to renovate, booted with no
worries...

  James
--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to