[plug] graphics packages

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Jun 3 18:49:29 WST 2002

On Friday 31 May 2002 15:04, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Personally I'd pay $2,000/copy for a DP program that ran under linux if
> it meant I could migrate away from MacOS (this may change if OSX works
> as well as I'm hoping it does in DP - anybody tried it?).

no, but i've heard nothing but complaints because the ui changed

gimp is not photoshop, although a lot of the main-line ps tutorials work on
it; gimp2 will pound ps into the dust, and do movies well also, but it is not
here.

afaik, there is no linux quark equivalent in the offing.

another port i'd like to see is an artistic program called something bland
like `pc-paint' which started as mac but has had a win port for a long time.
it let you do proper crumbly charcoal effects, had some idea of how `wet'
your ink was, and so on.

cheers; leon