[plug] Fwd: Re: [school-discuss] Re: BSA Software audit

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Jun 3 20:13:23 WST 2002

Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Re: BSA Software audit
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:48:26 -0500
From: "Kyle Hutson" <ZAPPED>
To: schoolforge-discuss at schoolforge.net

On 30 May 2002 at 17:31, Dave Prentice wrote:
 >      Regarding audits: the head of networking in my area used to be in
 > charge in a nearby city. He said MS told him to do an audit there a
 > few years ago. His response was that his people were too busy but MS
 > was welcome to send their own team down. They didn't.
 >
 >      I haven't read the EULA, but he had. MS can do an audit, but
 > according to him, they can't force school districts to do their work
 > for them.

I worked my way through college at a nuclear plant. Whenever I've
heard of these audits, I've thought it would be funny to still be
working there - "OK, come down and check", knowing full well there's
no way they'd even make it past the first guard at the gate.
--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323
smyle at DESPAM.rockcreekschools.org                       785-494-8591

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss at suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--