[plug] Im back on the list

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 4 09:21:07 WST 2002

If anyone can remember me :) Its been a while :)

Anyhoo, to kick things off I have a few questions

1) I recently had problems with disappearing daemons on a RedHat box,
and after asking around most people believe RH have a broken version of
glibc or something. So Im moving to Debian for all servers (someone
recommended Mandrake, but I just cant bring myself to use it on a server
:). Anyway, Debian is a little confusing, so - what is the latest
'stable' version and does it include a 2.4 kernel capable of iptables?

2) I love apt-get, but is Debian considering moving to RPM after the LSB
recommendations?

3) I had another question but Ive forgotten it - cant have been that
important, so please answer this one with 'ferret of course!' :)

Thanks and hello again

Simon Scott