Yay Jeremy (was Re: [plug] Spam sender sues)

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 10:11:30 WST 2002

> There could also be a defamation issue.  No-one is
> obliged to route email
> through their networks if they don't want to, but it
> could be argued that
> sending some-ones name to a blacklist is denoting
> them (say) a 'spammer' ...
> this could be found to be defamatory.

Correct me if I'm wrong Jeremy :)... but isn't it only
defamation if it's untrue? Or am I thinking of
something else?

Andrew

=====
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger and have not need for subtlety.

http://www.sold.com.au - The Sold.com.au Big Brand Sale
- New PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, phones and more ... Sale ends June 12