[plug] rute.sourceforge.net

Russell Keith-Magee Russell.Magee at calytrix.com
Thu Jun 6 15:38:08 WST 2002

> On Thursday 06 June 2002 14:48, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
> > It was also a .com domain ending in -ix that was available circa 1999...
> > :-)
>
> Which was important because...? (-:

Sorry - Calytrix is a venture funded tech startup company, founded around
1999. In the height of the dotCom insanity, you weren't taken seriously
unless you had the .com, and -ix meant you were tekonological. Sad, I know,
but when people offer to give you great gobs of money, you don't quibble
over meaningless stuff. At the end of the day, its a name, its unique, and
Calytrixes are pretty :-)

Russ %-)

Russell Keith-Magee
Software Engineer
Calytrix Technologies
Unit 9, EIR Building, Technology Park
PO Box 1173, BENTLEY 6982, Western Australia