[plug] More moron ideas from copyright control freaks

bob bob at contact.omen.com.au
Fri Jun 7 10:39:09 WST 2002

http://www.brw.com.au/stories/20020606/15198.asp

"Web technology that has been designed to enforce copyright by blocking
the ability to reproduce Web content."

Uh oh... how're they going to do that then (badly I suspect)

"The "seal" is created by the insertion of random characters into the
selected documents. The random characters are not visible on screen "

Oh... thats useful (not).

"A weak spot in the technology is that it corrupts rather than destroys
the text that can be printed off the Web, making it possible to read a
document if the reader is extremely patient."

Sounds like they're inserting high ASCII chars into the text, or
possibly <FONT> tags with the colour set to the same as the background.
I'm sure a very short Perl script would take care of the problem...

<sigh> why do they bother :(.

Oops... I've just realised I've revealed my fiendishly cunning (and
possibly terrorist supporting) DMCA breaking tool of world domination!
Damn, there goes my trip to the US, don't want to be Skylarov'd.

:).

--
bob
Cave canem...te necet lingendo.