[plug] mounting problem

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Jun 9 03:51:57 WST 2002

I'm trying to mount a partition on a 2nd hard disk as /dev/hdb3 (need to
move linux from old hard disk to new).  The partition /dev/hdb1 mounted
okay with mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb1 /new-disk, but when I try to mount the
3rd partition using the command mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb3 /new-disk/home I
get an error message
"wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb3 or too many
mounted file systems".
The existing are mounts /dev/hda1, /dev/hda5 (swap) /dev/hda6 (home),
/dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom2
New partitions consists of:
/dev/hdb1, /dev/hdb2 and /dev/hdb3

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

TIA