[plug] grub not booting

Cameron Patrick cp at chem.com.au
Sun Jun 9 17:53:22 WST 2002

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 02:26:18PM +0800, Jon L. Miller wrote:
> Question, if the changes made to the /etc/fstab; /boot/grub/menu.lst
> reflects the system on hdb, doesn't that change when the old drive is
> removed.  In other words since /dev/hda is removed does this change
> /dev/hdb to /dev/hba?

I'm assuming you're going to remove hda and set up hdb as your primary
master...

Here's my recommendation:  set up menu.lst to reflect the system on
hdb in its final configuration (i.e. use (hd0,0) etc but based on your
new disc partitions).  Make a grub boot floppy.  Change the cables &
jumpers over so your new drive (originally hdb) will become hda.

Boot off the floppy, and then type:
	root (hd0,0)			or whatever
	setup (hd0)

It worked for me ;)