[plug] Leon (Blackwell)

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Mon Jun 10 14:21:32 WST 2002

Leon

I resent the use of the word "cheat".

We would be silly to try and "cheat" here when most of our lecturers and
tutors belong to this list.

We are external students.  Internal students attend group tutorial classes
and ask each other questions and ask their tutors and other staff members.
We external students work alone, 100's of kilometres from campus.  We do
have a tutor we can e-mail, and I do, but if I don't get a reply the same
day what would you have me do? - go to bed and wait until tomorrow? .... one
question per day would be a great way to forge ahead, huh?

Our course coordinator has said that "... at 3rd year level you are expected
to be resourceful and use the Internet, alternate texts, local expertise or
any other resource at your disposal".  I thought PLUG was a pretty good
resource, but obviously I am mistaken.

You have been talking about getting Linux into schools ... what a joke? ...
what's your problem?  Most organisations want to assist new members.

Who is the coordinator for this list?  He/she can take me off and I will
find some other Linux Group in Australia or the English speaking world to
join - hopefully one without the huge volume of spam, jokes, and people big
noting themselves.

James Elliott
Ravensthorpe Computers
ABN 34 305 232 710