[plug] Revoking keys

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue Jun 11 12:09:31 WST 2002

G'day,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 11:38:02AM +0800, proXy wrote:
> After searching the keyserver today I discovered that I had an old key
> there which was unrevoked.
> I know the password, but I don't know the private key.
> Is there any way to revoke it?

A password is useless in this situation. Usually a private key is symmetrically
encrypted with a password/passphrase as an added layer of protection.
So you see the password doesn't help unless you have the private key ;)

As was mentioned before, you need the private key to generate a revocation
certificate.

Regards,

Jason Nicholls
Jason Nicholls    icq: 11745841    email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>