[plug] HELP! servers boots in ro mode only

sol sol at autonomon.net
Tue Jun 11 19:37:07 WST 2002

Thanks for your reply Andrew, this could be a lifesaver. I just wanted
to confirm that what I need to do is to boot using a floppy (or
something like Tom's Tiny Linux) and then edit the line in /etc/fstab

/dev/hda3    /    ext3    defaults, errors=remount-ro

becomes:

/dev/hda3    /    ext3    defaults, errors=remount-rw

Will this make the system reboot in read-write mode? Should I fsck
whilst I've got the system booted from floppy?

Thankyou,
sol