[plug] OT: insurance

Russell Steicke russells at plug.linux.org.au
Wed Jun 19 11:49:19 WST 2002

Please excuse the way off-topic question.  I'm asking here because there
are probably a few people on the list who are in a situation to know about
this...

While doing contract work in IT (linux and open source/free software in
particular), how essential do people regard professional indemnity
insurance?  Who offers such an insurance product in that field?  I'm
asking because I've been offered some work, and want to try to go in with
my eyes open.

TIA, and feel free to reply directly to me if you want to avoid cluttering
up the list (more!).

Russell