[plug] Openoffice.org on Debian

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Jun 20 09:47:10 WST 2002

At 09:00 AM 06/20/2002, Mike wrote:
>Has anyone else seen this site
>http://linux-debian.de/openoffice/

yes :)

>Has links to mirrors with Openoffice.org in debian archives.
>Use apt-get and win.

I am signed up to the debian-openoffice at lists.debian.org and watching the
activity. There are quite a few OpenOffice.org developers involved in the
packaging. We have missed the official Debian Woody release. The developers
worked hard to get OpenOffice.org in main (rather than contrib or
non-free), and it had to be ready for April for the packaging. There is/was
one library and some Java components that require alternatives. Some of the
initial OpenOffice.org developers were familiar with Java, when it was all
hands on deck.

I'm pretty sure you are ok if you are Woody, although I think
OpenOffice.org needs a library from sid/unstable. The developers and
packagers are extremely active, so it would be best to get the latest news
from the debian-openoffice list, web site, or just see how you go :)

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)