[plug] OT: ADSL Exchanges (again)

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.net
Thu Jun 20 23:09:00 WST 2002

> Heya guys,
> Esp those of us in Canningvale! Anyone know of any further news as
> to whether or not we will be receiving the service this month? The
> site does indeed say it will be there this month *laughs* :)

Well just as a followup to this. My brother emailed the local MP
and after a week or so of waiting we got this:

Dear Mr Bates,

I have made enquiries on your behalf with regard to the situation with
ADSL
in Canning Vale.  I have been advised that Canning Vale was enabled with
ADSL late last year but as a result of a series of unusual technical
issues,
Telstra has not been in a position to offer ADSL to customers in the
Canning
Vale exchange.

Telstra has indicated the technical issues preventing ADSL being available
are now being resolved and they expect their customers in the Canning Vale
exhange area will be able to access ADSL within the next 4-6 weeks.

I hope this information is useful to you and that there are no more
obstacles with regard to you being able to utilise the fantastic
technology
ADSL offers.  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further
questions or if I can assist you with anything else.

Yours sincerely,
Don Randall

So its on its way :)

Cheers