[plug] Latest Debian Woe - Mices

Andre andre.thomas at switch.aust.com
Fri Jun 21 13:04:16 WST 2002

Hi all,

For a short period of time I though I had success when I saw my optical
USB mouse light up when my Debian Woody (2.4) playbox booted.  Then I
tried moving the pointer.  Mice and me do not go well.  I had tried a Bus
mouse (its a P100 / Socket5 CPU / AT) but found all that I have don't
work.  So in goes a PCI USB card and a Samsung Cyberbeatle.

I guess I got close as eventually I saw the light (the one from the
mouse!) but I cant seem to get the XF86Config file correct I think?  I
have it set as:

        Section "InputDevice"
        # Identifier and driver
                Identifier "USB1"
                Driver "mouse"
                Protocol "IMPS/2"
                Device "/dev/usb/mouse0"
        EndSection

I have tried several other candidates for the Device but none seem to
work.  Any takers?

Cheers in advance.

-Andre