[plug] Tonights meeting

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Jun 24 11:04:10 WST 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Peter Wright wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:08:38AM +0800, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> > Hello All,
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> > Just a gentle reminder about tonight's meeting at UCC.  It is a normal
> > troubleshooting meeting.  If you're going to be brining along a PC
> > then bringing all the hardware will make fixing problems easier, and
> > you won't also need to queue for one of the two 14" SVGA monitors
> > avilable.
>
> Well, would anyone with some network security knowledge be interested in
> having a look at a cracked machine? :-)

I'd love to BUT I don't think that a PLUG meet is the right place to do it.
Not really an environment conducive to thought.

I'd suggest you:
boot from CD
mount all the  rooted filesystems as /mnt/r_1 /mnt/r_2 etc etc
mount NFS some disk with lots of room
then dump (with dd) all you're rooted fs's to the vastness of NFS :)
Burn to CD
then rebuild the machine
Then you have a perminant record and you could give me a copy :)

Skipping the pointers on how to setup a box, and lectures on culpability.

Yours Tony

Jan 22-26 2003      Linux.Conf.AU       http://conf.linux.org.au/
         The Australian Linux Technical Conference!