[plug] RH7.3 CD's

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Mon Jun 24 15:19:17 WST 2002

Bret Busby wrote:

>Can someone please explain the difference between RH 7.3 professional (3
>installation CD's) and the PCWorld Linux Minibook RH 7.1 (2 installation
>CD's)?
>
>Is the PCWorld one, RH Personal Edition?
>
>On the RH site, while the web page for the Professional Edition states
>how many installation CD's it includes, the web page for the Personal
>Edition does not.

They are different versions of Red Hat's distribution.  7.1 was 2 CDs
and 7.3 is 3 CDs.  The official copies of Red Hat you buy come with
extra CDs with various stuff on them (e.g. documentation, other
applications etc) and additional support services.

I'd pick 7.3 over 7.1.  7.1 had a few broken things in it, as does 7.2,
which is why I think they broke the past trend and released a 7.3 version.

/ Ben