[plug] Here's a weird one - not linux but is stopping me cold!

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 25 19:51:33 WST 2002

The tnt is fine, its the G4 thats the pain!  I will hopefully get to
flash the bios tonight and see what happens.  As for drivers, I am using
the nvidia binary/wrappers - never a problem.  In this case, the screen
doesnt even flash, and the bios beeps on reset - I suspect the bios cant
see the G4 and requires something similar (e.g., the tnt) to provide a
graphics card present signal.  The manual states that it will initialise
AGP or PCI by itself if only one is present, or use the bios to select
which if both types are present - its almost as if the G4 is faulty.

If flashing the MB bios dont work, its going back ...

BillK