[plug] Firewall

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed Jun 26 21:03:47 WST 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:09:00PM +0800, Jon L. Miller wrote:
> I want to restart our firewall without bringing down the server.  IS the
> best way to do this is by issuing firewall flush rules then restarting
> the firewall script?

Yep. Why not put all your firewalling rules into a script, and start the
script with:
	iptables -t nat -F
	iptables -t filter -F

And then place your rules...

And end it with:
	iptables -t nat -L
	iptables -t filter -L

Make sure you have the firewalling modules loaded that you expect. If you
want normal FTP to work, load up the ip_conntract_ftp module... and make sure
you add that to /etc/modules if you want it to work next time your reboot!

  James
--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.james.rcpt.to
 Remainder moved to http://www.james.rcpt.to/james/sig.html