[plug] Middle East?

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:07:09 WST 2002

Yep, that's what I reckon. :) I know it sounds sort of weird, but if you're
ever in an IRC channel, it's never 100% on-topic, there's always rants and
ravings about..... the latest Buffy episode or whatever (off the tope of the
head there). I want an IRC channel so that I can ask for help right away and
also provide help for others, and under IRC you can always bring up a
private window, so that'd be much more efficient and wouldn't annoy those
people who REALLY hate anything OT.

John, other wise known as tomato!

>On Wednesday, June 26, 2002 11:22 PM
>John (the anarchist tomato) said
> > We've done it before and got sick of it, the main reason why? Because
>it's
> > Linux place. I have a suggestion though, why don't we start up an IRC
> > channel? If you wanna talk about the Midle East, then it wouldn't be
>using
> > inbox space, and we can help each other in realtime.
>
>So, John, you feel that discussing bad U.S. policy in the Middle East is
>useless in this forum - but it helps you to promote the idea of and IRC
>channel for real-time Linux help?
>
>Well I'll second that!   (But I still think we can do more to start the
>ball
>rolling to help stop the Middle East stupidity and death.)
>
>Regards,
>wayne.

Make lunch, not war.